High quality habitat that meets the needs of people and wild nature.
Land owners need habitat restored or created for conservation purposes, to facilitate construction, or to improve places for people.
Ecosulis can deliver your design, or provide a design and build service, to meet specific project requirements.
We work to restore or create:
- Aquatic/wetland habitat, e.g. ponds, lakes, reedbeds, swales
- Riparian habitats, e.g. rivers, streams, rhynes, ditches
- Grassland habitats, e.g. species-rich neutral, acidic and calcareous grassland, rush pasture and wet grassland communities
Our habitat creation and restoration projects often accommodate multiple issues such as public enjoyment, invasive plants, algae in ponds and the grazing impact of deer or geese. In addition, they are often designed with a particular animal, group of animals or species in mind. Our experience with UK and European legislation ensures that schemes are legally compliant and delivered to the exacting standards set by regulators.
The Ecosulis Habitat Creation team has particular experience creating habitats for:
- Badgers, bats, water voles, otters, dormice and other UK mammals
- Great crested newts and other UK amphibians
- All UK reptiles
- Barn owls, wildfowl and other UK birds
- Stag beetles, white-clawed crayfish and other terrestrial and aquatic invertebrates.
Want to know more?